Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Let's Begin in March...

Because that is when I first fell off the face of the planet it seems.
There was a lot happening in March and I (honestly) only thought that it would take a month to get everything back together again.  
Have you ever felt like your life was just derailing?  And there was no way to get it back on track?
That's pretty much how I felt those couple of months.  It just felt like I kept trying to balance more and more activities and subjects and homework and tests and papers and friends....it just got out of control.  
BUT. I don't regret any of it.  In fact it helped me grow as an individual.  It made me sort through my priorities and realize what was truly important.  
So let's begin in March.  

{MARCH}
March was the month of leprechauns, and gold, and rainbows no one can ever find the ending to.  It was also the month of hope for childhood cancer.  My friend Claire (recently just started her own blog! Check it out here) had started hosting the St. Baldrick's fundraiser with her mom last year.  I had photographed the whole event and had taken over a thousand pictures!  This year we were both able to photograph the event and I think was even better than the year before!
If you do not know what St. Baldricks is, it is an event where people sign up to shave their heads to support the funding for childhood cancer research.  It is both a humbling and moving experience to photograph and be a part of.  Here are some shots from this year.









Overall it was a fantastic experience to participate in and although I myself did not shave my head, other brave souls, like this amazing woman above, did.  Makes you really think about what you are doing for others and how important you actually can be in this process.  I think this event raised over $20,000.  Talk about devoted participants!
Have a lovely day today :)
~Kristen~

No comments:

Post a Comment